Today is my 20th Birthday, I am officially two decades old and no longer a teenager! So to celebrate I’m going out with my boyfriend and my family this weekend! But to celebrate it today, I baked a cake! Its a super delicious fluffy cake, and is perfect when paired with berries, If your celebrating something today or just fancy cake, definitely try this recipe out!
- 3/4 cup plus two Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot strong coffee
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Strawberries for top of cake
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat a 9 inch round cake pan with cooking spray, and Line pan with a circle of wax paper.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, and beat with a electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake the cake for 30-35 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes out of the oven.
- Dust and decorate cake with strawberries and EAT!! 🙂